- 3 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup white corn syrup
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Heat peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup over low heat to melt. Stir in cereal.
- Pat into a 8x8 lightly greased pan. (I line my pan with foil and then lightly spray it. When it is time to cut them, the foil lifts right out.).
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat or in the microwave and spread over top. Cool until firm
2 cups white sugar
½ cup butter
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oats
½ cup chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Place a piece of wax paper or foil on a cookie sheet.
2. Combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa in a medium saucepan
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
4. Remove from heat and cool 1 minutes
5. Add peanut butter and stir to blend well
6. Add oats, peanuts and vanilla: stir well
7. Quickly drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto the wax paper or foil
8. Cool completely before serving
9. Store in a cool dry place
Contributed by Brenda Howland