My husband and I have been married for over 30 years. It hasn’t always been easy. Even now, there are times I look at him and just want to say, “What are you doing here?! You haven’t left yet?” But, I know there are times he, too, feels the same way about me (on rare occasions).
Yes, we’ve been together for a long time and I still love him with all my heart. I could never give him away (I know because I’ve tried and there are no takers) even though I like to share.
To define a “happy marriage,” is to say it’s a “good marriage.” Here are some key points to remember when dealing with your own relationship:
- Through God ALL things are possible; even forgiveness.
- Remember to forgive and forget even the worst travesties because you’re not perfect, either.
- With time, pain will lessen and even go away, no matter the dirty deed.
- Always be honest with one another because there is not another person who will be there for you through thick and thin (especially if you’ve been good to one another).
- And, lastly, in addition to number 4 – even your parents gave you away so you see: your spouse is the one who is sticking by you.
Have faith in the Lord, allow him into your marriage, he is always in your corner.