Entrees - Main Dishes
2 large chicken breasts (approx 1 pound) halved and pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons butter
8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 cups Madeira wine
1 1/2 cups beef stock
8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons of butter. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and place them in the hot pan. Don’t overcrowd the pan, you may need to cook in batches. Cook chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
2. Add the remaining butter to the pan along with the sliced mushrooms. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender and cooked through, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside with chicken.
3. Add the Madeira wine and beef broth to the same pan, turning up the heat and bringing the mixture to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, and then reduce to a simmer. Keep cooking until the mixture is reduced by half and the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Approximately 10 minutes.
4. While the sauce cooks steam your asparagus until it is crisp-tender.
5. Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the sauce. Top with the steamed asparagus and sliced mozzarella cheese. Place a lid on the pan and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Can serve over mashed potatoes (optional).
16 ounces frozen meatballs, or make your own.
1 can pineapple chunks
½ cup brown sugar
18 ounce bottle of Barbecue Sauce, any flavor
1 tsp garlic powder
Pineapple juice from the can
Place the meatballs in the crock pot
Pour the Barbecue Sauce and the pineapple chunks over the meatballs
Add in the garlic powder and the brown sugar
Stir to combine well
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or on low four 4 hours.
Sprinkle with chopped green onions for garnish before serving
Honey Lime Chicken
5-6 pieces of chicken thighs
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
1 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 250
- In a bowl, mix garlic, honey, soy sauce, lemon/lime juice, and cayenne pepper
- Place/pour mixture over chicken thighs
- Marinade for 1 hour
- Transfer to baking sheet and drizzle vegetable oil and marinade over the pieces of chicken
- Bake for 40 minutes flipping half way through cooking time
- Garnish as desired
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
When I’m rushed and don’t have time to dedicate myself to cooking, I’ll use this fast recipe to throw it all together. Surprisingly, my family loves it. This can be used as the entree or as a side dish; your choice.
2 large chicken breast (cooked)
1 can cream of celery
1 or 2 celery stalks
1 can cream of mushroom
½ cup fresh mushrooms
4 chicken flavored bullion cubes
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups grated Jack & Cheddar cheese (w/8 oz container of sour cream)
½ cup Jack & Cheddar
2 packs of frozen broccoli and cheese
– Boil chicken and then cube it into small pieces
(smaller than bite-size or it will monopolize the flavor)
– Cook the rice with the bullion cubes
– Thaw the broccoli and cheese
– Thinly slice the celery
– Slice the mushrooms
– Saute the mushrooms and celery until celery is see-thru
Saute in 1-2 teaspoons of butter and do not drain.
*I will sometimes jazz it up with finely diced red pepper and/or jalepeno's for some kick - Those are cooked with the mushrooms and celery.
– Mix the (cooked) chicken and rice
– Add the mushrooms, celery, creamed soups
– Once thoroughly mixed blend in the broccoli and cheese
– Fold in the 2 cups of grated cheese and sour cream
– Just before putting it in the oven, top it with the remaining ½ cup cheese
– Bake at (preheated) oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Serves 6-8 people