Nov. 9, 2017
Upside Down Pizza Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 15 - ounce can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 10 - ounce package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
- ** Any kind of meat can be added or substituted for ground beef
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large skillet cook beef until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle mixture with cheese.
- Flatten each biscuit with your hands; arrange the biscuits on top of the cheese. Bake in the preheated oven about 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Makes 5 servings.