Entrees - Main Dishes
- Season your steaks with just salt and pepper and sear on a high heat for a minute each side in olive oil.
- Once the steaks are seared add one glass of good white wine to the pan and finish the steaks to how you like them.
- Leaving the oil, wine and steak juices in the pan on a slightly reduced heat, remove the steaks to rest (the longer the better really as it will improve the evenness of the colour distribution and allow the meat to relax and stay juicy throughout!)
- Add 1 sliced chilli, 3 sliced cloves of garlic, 2 sliced anchovy fillets, 1 tbsp of chopped capers, and half a thinly sliced onion to the pan with a handful of chopped oregano.
- Add 200 - 250g of halved piccolo or cherry tomatoes (or which ever you prefer really!) to the pan.
- Add a cup of water and a cup of beef stock to the pan along with a handful of chopped fresh basil and a bit of salt and pepper. (Optional: add a handful of pine nuts)
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Re-add the rested steaks, turn the heat down low and leave the steaks in the sauce on a very low heat for about 2 1/2 to 3 mins.
- Serve with a small handful of fresh basil, a drizzle of olive oil and some slices of crusty grilled bread on the side.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 15 - ounce can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 10 - ounce package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
- ** Any kind of meat can be added or substituted for ground beef
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large skillet cook beef until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle mixture with cheese.
- Flatten each biscuit with your hands; arrange the biscuits on top of the cheese. Bake in the preheated oven about 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Makes 5 servings.
- 4 pork chops, 1"-thick bone-in
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat a large skillet over high heat. Pat each pork chop dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add 2 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter to the pan, when butter just begins to bubble add two pork chops. Sear on high for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer pork chops to a clean plate and cover loosely with foil. Repeat for last 2 pork chops.
- Return skillet to low heat; add 4 tablespoons butter, Dijon mustard, heavy cream, and garlic; whisk continuously until smooth and garlic is softened. Season with pinch of sea salt and stir in 2 tablespoons chopped parsley.
- Serve pork chops with drizzle of creamy Dijon sauce and top with remaining parsley and sprinkle of sea salt.
1 lb of ground beef.
⅓ cup of breadcrumbs.
½ tsp of black pepper.
1 tsp of salt.
½ tsp of onion powder.
1 minced clove of garlic.
1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
1 tbsp of oil.
1 ½ cups of thinly sliced onion.
2 tbsps of all purpose flour.
1 cup of beef broth.
½ tsp of salt.
Mix the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic and worcestershire sauce in a large bowl then form into thick patties.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and fry the patties with onion until browned. Place in a plate and keep warm.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
Lowry’s Seasoning Salt
6 bacon slices
1/4 cup regular mustard
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 cup sliced fresh mushroom (I omitted because my family does not like mushrooms)
2 cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese
First, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. *Do not discard grease.*
Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Place chicken in a 9″ × 13″ casserole dish or pan.
To make the Honey Mustard: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done