Apr. 4, 2020

Original Prince Frederick (Old Gunn Church)

The original Prince Frederick Church in Plantersville aka Old Gunn Church before the fire. It was erected in 1859. Mr Gunn died falling off the church tower in 1858. The church was demolished in the spring of 1966 because the old building had become hazardous. Since then the Episcopal Diocese if SC, who owns the property has tried to preserve and protect the tower and even put a barrier to keep folks out. by Woodie Chavis