Apr. 28, 2021

605 Prince Street

The Congdon House at 605 Prince Street was built about 1903 for George R. Congdon, a local merchant. After his death, his widow, Adriana, lived in the home with her children until 1923. It was later the home of Dr. Frances Ingell Doyle who lived in the home until her death in 2002. Doyle was the first female doctor to open a practice in Georgetown. by Connie Jayroe-Owens