Apr. 18, 2022
Eating for the Holidays
Digestion takes a lot of energy, especially when you are eating excessively and combining all kinds of foods.
Ever take a nap after a big meal? That’s a good sign you’ve taxed your digestion to the limit.
Here’s some reasonable tips to help you digestion along during these feasts.
1. Eat until you’re 80% full. Leave room for effective digestion.
2. Never drink water right before, during, or after a meal. It will dilute your stomach acid and compromise digestion.
3. If you are to drink anything during a meal make it a warm ginger or peppermint tea, and sip gently during the meal. You could also do it after.
4. Take HCL (hydrochloric acid) or HCL rich foods with or after the meal. Sauerkraut is a great choice (lots of enzymes too), a shot of ACV after, or an HCL capsule.
5. Eat dessert at least an hour after the big meal. That way it won’t ferment for hours and cause bloat by stacking on top of other foods that are slower to digest.
6. Avoid sitting right after a meal. Go for a walk or do something that keeps your moving and on your feet, for at least 15-30 mins.
Those are just a few tips to help keep you from bloating and snoozing right after the big meal.
Enjoy the day!